Marine Collagen + Co-Factors (Coconut)
Collagen: the Beauty Protein
In the body, collagen is the primary ‘structural protein’, however, due to its importance to skin, we also refer to it as the ‘beauty protein’. In healthy skin, collagen is abundant. It is responsible for giving your skin structure, firmness, and elasticity.
Collagen Decline and Damage
Collagen production starts declining in your 20’s. Age-related decline in collagen production is met with yet another problem. Collagen is constantly under attack by free radicals which damage and weaken the collagen matrix. The decline in collagen production along with the increase in collagen damage results in significant changes in the skin: fine lines, furrows, roughness, and wrinkles. When consumed orally, collagen peptides are absorbed into the bloodstream and reach the dermis where they stimulate the production of collagen.
Benefits for Healthy Collagen, Hair and Nails:
- Helps in collagen formation
- Helps to maintain healthy skin, hair, and nails
- Source of an antioxidant that helps protect against free radicals
- Helps in wound healing
Easy to Take and Delicious
Taking Marine Collagen + Co-Factors (Coconut) is as easy as mixing 2.5 teaspoons in a glass of water or beverage of choice. With the fresh taste of natural strawberry, or coconut flavour, lightly sweetened with organic stevia leaf extract (rebaudioside A), it’s love at first sip. Or enjoy our pure unflavoured option.
Hydrolyzed fish collagen (4500 mg)
- From food grade wild cod, haddock and pollock
- From fresh-frozen fish skins
- From sustainably managed fisheries (mainly Iceland)
- Low environmental footprint
- High peptide bioavailability
- Source of the amino acid lysine (140 mg)
Vitamin C (50 mg)
- From organic acerola cherries
- Whole food source
- Necessary for collagen crosslinking
- Antioxidant that protects against damaging free radicals
Silicon (10 mg)
- From organic-compliant bamboo
- Whole food source
How to use:
Mix 2.5 tsp. (5.2 g) into 250 ml of water or beverage of choice daily. Do not use if safety seal is broken or missing. Store tightly sealed at room temperature. For adults 19+.
UNFLAVOURED – organic maltodextrin
STRAWBERRY FLAVOUR – organic natural strawberry flavour, organic maltodextrin, organic red beetroot, rebaudioside A (from organic Stevia rebaudiana, leaf).
COCONUT FLAVOUR – organic maltodextrin, organic natural coconut flavour, rebaudioside A (from organic Stevia rebaudiana, leaf).
Caution: Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Known adverse reactions: May cause mild gastrointestinal disturbances.